Saturday, August 22, 2009

We're still truckin along!! ;-)

Sorry it's been awhile since I last posted. We got Garrett on Ritalin and Daytrana, the Ritalin is to kick start the Daytrana because it takes a bit for it to kick in. Daytrana is a patch that has to be placed on his hip. He's been doing really well with it, I am watching his diet because he hasn't been eating very much and he lost a couple pounds. If he loses any more this month I will have to contact the doc cuz the doc said he shouldn't lose to much to fast. Other than that he's doing well with it. With him being on this patch he no longer has to take meds at school and he's liking that part. I just pray once he hits puberty he will out grow the adhd!!

We were trying to get Darin into a head start here in town since he'll be starting Kindergarten next year. Once I finally got a hold of them they said they were already full and that he would have to be on a waiting list! This really sucks because he's super smart just needed to be with other kids to work on his social skills. I pray he'll get in sometime this yr, so that way he has some kind of socializing with the other kids. He asks me every day when will he get to go to school, or he tells me he's late for school. LOL I just pray they both keep that urgency of wanting to go to school. Garrett loves it and he said he was very ready for school to start this year! He said he's loving his new teacher.

Rodney just got back from Training, three days of it! He had to stay at the academy all three days. But he said he passed all of his tests and qualified well with their new riffles. He is still loving his job! I'm so glad he's able to follow his dreams in the law enforcement field.

The boys and I were recently at my brother's house and we were planing on staying for almost two weeks and Darin and myself ended up getting sick. My brother and his wife had been sick the week before we came and I do believe that's what we got. It was awful, couldn't eat or drink anything or get would come right back out one way or the other. LOL Luckily it didn't last for two long! Then Rodney decided he was going to come pick us up because he was missing us real bad and he wanted us home since we were sick. I tried telling him that I was the most contagious and he would get whatever we had and he was like, "no, I normally don't get sick or catch what you and the boys get." Well two days later he got it, LOL. I felt sorry for him cuz I knew what he was going through but I did warn him! I'm still without a job, just no opportunities here. I can't wait until we can move so that I can help contribute to the family, we sure do need it! But I have to have faith that God knows what he's doing and I have to believe the is something better around the corner!

Well that's really all that has happened over the past couple weeks! Hope all is well with everyone and may God Bless all of you. Always remember this: Faith is not knowing what the future holds, but knowing WHO holds the future!!

Love, Lisa and the Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment